Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yummy Vegan Cheeseball


Because of my pregnancy-induced soy allergy, this recipe has been a long time in coming. I certainly couldn't post my until-now secret formula for party success without an additional trial of the final ingredient list.

But today is my sister-in-law's baby shower and she requested that I make this delicious dip so Mr. Lemon agreed to the taste test.

Success. So here it is:

You'll need:

2 8 oz. tubs of vegan cream cheese (we like the Tofutti brand)

1 TBLS of vegan Worcestershire sauce (the non-vegan kind has anchovies in it; gross)

1 clove garlic

1/8 tsp. paprika (and another sprinkle for good looks when it's finished if you prefer)

1/8 tsp. garlic and red pepper blend (see photo above)

1/4 tsp. parsley

1/2 tsp. lemon juice (we use the stuff that comes in the plastic lemon but you can use fresh if you want)

Let the cream cheese come to room temperature and put it into a bowl.
Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix up really good with a fork.

Put it in the fridge overnight (this gets the flavors in there).

Shape it into a ball (I'm far too lazy for this step and tend to leave it in the bowl as is).

Sprinkle a touch of paprika on it for good looks.

Serve on Fiestaware with slices of fresh baguette from your local bakery.

3 comments:

Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

Tell Mr. Lemon I need the Vegan Cake recipe I so love.

I can't tell you often on a weekly basis I crave his vegan cake.

I'm totally going to try this recipe!!! Thanks for posting it!!!

My love to all the Lemons, esp. the baby Lemon!!!

Beth Lemon said...

I will talk to Mr. Lemon about his cake. It may be top secret.

We shall see...

birdsong said...

Mmmmm, this was delicious, a big hit at the party, thanks so much!!!!