Sunday, August 23, 2009

A new dress.

After much success with the Simplicity pattern, I decided to pick up something a little shorter, a little more casual. I can't find the pattern right now or I'd tell you what it was. It was not Simplicity and it was not simple. I thought it would be easy but I had a lot of trouble with it. The instructions said to do things that didn't make sense. When I would look up the words they were using, I still couldn't figure out what they were asking me to do so I just did what seemed right. I guess that's why sewing classes are useful. I've never really had one.

I love how this turned out. I used yet another Alexander Henry fabric that is fabulous. It's called Traffic Pattern. I paired it with a dusty blue polka dot that I picked up at the local quilt shop. Instead of buttons, I used snaps. I still don't know how to use my machine to make a button hole and what toddler is going to sit still long enough for you to button them into something. Mine sure doesn't.

Mr. Lemon assisted with the photo shoot on the porch by blowing bubbles to entertain the little one. More pics on flickr (link to the left).

6 comments:

clearframe said...

cutest.thing.ever. really. nice work!

LemonCadet said...

Thanks! It was a pain but I think it turned out well.

birdsong said...

Beautiful! You are very talented Beth.

iSew said...

How sweet!

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pantrypuff said...

SO adorable. I wish I had a little girl to dress up :)