Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dollhouse furniture review: Enchantmints mushroom cuteness

So here is round one of furniture reviews for my "How to buy a wooden dollhouse series." After seeing this gorgeous fairy collection at our local library, I did some research and found out the whole thing belonged to a local woman who teaches fairy classes to girls. Super cool. She pointed me in the right direction and I was hooked.

This mushroom line is part of the Fairy Forest collection by Enchantmints. They are a US-based company focusing on imaginative products that are quality made, exceeding both US and European safety standards. So just to put this out there: they provided the sets that I am reviewing but that is not influencing my opinion of either the company or the products. I would have bought this stuff anyway (and have it on good authority that Santa is bringing the bathroom set to Meme's house for Christmas).

Scale: I'll talk more about scale among the other sets (Ryan's Room, Educo/Hape, Le Toy Van, and Plan Toys) later. These mushroom pieces are slightly smaller than the others we have. They are slightly larger than the Calico Critters (products I won't be reviewing unless my SIL gets them for her kid for Christmas). But I feel that these work GREAT with our pandas, as you can see in the pictures.

Quality: The quality of these pieces is very good. The painted pieces are especially nice. They are very cleanly made without a mess. The only thing I had a slight issue with the was leaf "rug" that came with the mushroom table and stools. The wood was cut a little roughly around the edges. I quickly took a nail file to it and now it's fine. I don't think there would have been any splinters but I just wanted to be sure. After some play, these edges will probably smooth out. For some reason, lots of dollhouse furniture dining sets come with stools. It's really hard to get dolls to sit on stools. In fact, I find sitting on stools to be a bit challenging.

Overall, I love these pieces. I think they are also a good value. The kitchen and bedroom set comes with five pieces for $15. The little drawers open and close -- the fridge door opens and closes easily; there is a little metal handle on the stove. The bed will fit perfectly in the children's room. The living room set is also very well crafted. No problems with rough edges on the stained (green leafy) pieces. I also think these would work well as outdoor furniture. My neighbors have a fireplace outside with chairs in front of it -- awesome for Fall evenings. Why shouldn't the pandas enjoy such bliss?

All photos are taken inside the Ryan's Room Carry n Play Dollhouse that we got at our local toy store. The furniture fits very nicely inside. And aren't these gnomes amazing?  For my other dollhouse posts, click here and here.

11 comments:

Manoj Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Do the table and stools come off of the leaf or are they stuck on? I am considering buying two living room sets and using the four leaf chairs with the table instead of the stools (and the two couches in the living room), but that will only work if the table and stools are free standing. Thanks for the help!

Beth Lemon said...

Yes. The leaf is separate. These Enchantmints sets are very nice. You will love them!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply! The scale looks to be good for the Calico Critters. I plan to use these Enchantmints furniture sets with the bunny family (as well as others I'm sure, but the bunnies are first)... do you think the ears will make them too big for the bed? While I'm asking... I also am interested in getting my daughter some fairy dolls to play with (kathe kruse, budkins, the enchantmint fairies are a few I'm considering)... so I'm interested in scale for the fairies as well. I think they range from 3-5 inches. Will this furniture set work thru that range? Thanks again for the help! It is so hard to know how to make my choices without seeing anything in person!

Beth Lemon said...

The leaf bed is actually pretty small. But I think the bunnies will fit on it nicely.
Have you seen the Magic Cabin site? They have the fairies in some of the photos. Maybe they can help you. I haven't seen the fairies in person so I'm not sure. Good luck! My daughter is asking for the hedgehog family now we we're going to have a a full house.

Anonymous said...

I will check out the Magic Cabin site. Thanks! Just a funny fyi... my daughter's request for the next family is the Hedgehogs as well! Thanks again for the help!

Anonymous said...

Apex It Devices sells all kinds of networking switches, routers, and EX4300-48MP . Typically, EX4300 switches are used in large branch offices, campus wiring closets, and data centers. In data centers, EX4300 switches can be positioned as top-of-rack switches; the top devices in a rack provide connectivity for all the devices in the rack and provide options for optimized airflow (hot aisle/cold aisle).

Harbor compounding pharmacy said...

Estriol Vaginal Cream is a naturally occurring, potent form of estrogen and is the most abundant of the three major estrogens in women.

Harbor compounding pharmacy said...

Estriol vaginal cream has become popular among women dealing with uncomfortable menopausal symptoms. This is because it provides a natural and effective relief without the potential side effects that can come with other forms of hormone therapy.

Harbor compounding pharmacy said...

Adrenal fatigue is a medical condition in which the body’s adrenal glands become exhausted and unable to produce hormones necessary for the body to function properly.

Harbor compounding pharmacy said...



It is important to follow your doctor’s advice, as the treatments and lifestyle changes can help reduce adrenal fatigue symptoms Adrenal fatigue and improve your overall health and well-being.