Thursday, September 20, 2007

A crafter's list


I made a big trip to JoAnn's last weekend to stock up on supplies for all the stuff I'm making for the shop and Crafty Bastards. I either have to drive 30 - 45 minutes south to the town where my parents live to shop at one or drive 1 1/2 hours up to Pittsburgh for a really big JoAnn's. Our house always needs a lot from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's so if I can get Mr. Lemon to come along, we head North.

I always make lists like this for my shopping trips. I take scrap pieces of paper (whatever is closest to me when I think of the first thing I need) and go crazy. There are always swatches of fabric stapled or taped here and there, my weird names for things, and ideas -- where I know what I need but I don't know what it is yet. If you're a crafter, you know what I'm talking about: I need something beige-ish and cotton and about 1/2" wide but....

My list was particularly nuts this week so I thought I'd share it with you. I support my local quilt shop whenever I can but they don't have the faux fur.

3 comments:

blacklilypie (Tara Fortin) said...

WHAT A GOOD IDEA. <--It deserved to be capitalized. ha. I can say that I never thought of stapling stuff to my list. Fantastic!

iSew said...

Too funny. I do the same thing. I use my sister's old real estate salesperson notepad (I like to draw mustaches on her) and attach fabric to it. I'm always finding my lists everywhere. You're lucky if Mr. Lemon goes. Mr. iSew won't get out of the car when he comes along.

Beth Lemon said...

Ha! I didn't say he came into the store! He went over to Starbucks then cleaned out his car. I think he feels like he'll get some sort of womanly disease if he goes into a fabric store.

Poor sister!