Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Project: kids clothes week day 3

Today I was actually able to finish the pants. They are super cute on and a great fit but I think they will work better with a disposable diaper. The hem was a breeze.

I played around with my alligator cross-stitch and still am not sure what to do with it. I will put it away for a few days and go back to it fresh.

I had also wanted to start a little peasant blouse but I couldn't figure out how to make the pattern so I spent some time looking through some other sewing books for inspiration and suddenly it was 9:30.

Such is my life. I think I spend more time thinking about what the heck to do than actually doing it. And I don't want to even think about how much time I spend ripping out mistakes and fixing the stuff I screw up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute - I love the contrasting fabric under the button flap-bits. Might have to do something similar for my little man - it's hard to find ways to add details to boys clothes.

I know what you mean about time spent thinking about projects. I spend more time finding new projects than (and I've got soooo many) than actually doing... And if you check my blog, I've got to know my seam ripper very well this week!

Steph said...

LOVE the way they turned out!

Andrea said...

Love, love, love them. The elephants are just perfect.

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like! TheTrainToCrazy.com